Who are the CEF?
Launched by Greg Barker MP at IHEEM in 2011, the Carbon and Energy Fund (CEF) has been specifically created to fund, facilitate and project manage complex energy infrastructure upgrades for the NHS and wider Public Sector.
The CEF was co-created with the Department of Health. It is a special purpose vehicle allowing different parts of the Public Sector and NHS to work together. It employs an experienced team drawn from the NHS, National Services Scotland, National Procurement, NHS Strategic Buying Solutions, Wessex AHSN and The Countess of Chester Hospital. In addition to Health it has been chosen as the procurement vehicle for the Cabinet Office Public Sector Solar Scheme and Manchester City Council District Energy Program.
The route to working with the CEF is to seek membership, which then makes all the support of the CEF available to the New Member for the entire procurement, installation and savings monitoring period of the contract.
With a proven track record of more than 40 projects and in-depth experience of procurement, engineering, legal and finance, the CEF is the organisation to successfully guides Public Sector clients through the complex processes involved.
Why Choose Us
- Created by the NHS for the NHS and Public Sector
- Efficient and proven OJEU compliant procurement process
- Access to a £300m+ fund of capital funding
- The widest choice of ESCo contractors in the UK
- CEF provides all the specialist skills and resources
- No up front fees
- TDA approved procurement process
- A track record of 40+ successful UK projects to-date