Welcome to the CEF
Launched by Greg Barker MP at IHEEM in 2011, the Carbon and Energy Fund (CEF) has been specifically created to fund, facilitate and project manage complex energy infrastructure upgrades for the NHS and wider Public Sector.
With a proven track record of more than 40 projects and in-depth experience of procurement, engineering, legal and finance, the CEF is the organisation to successfully guides Public Sector clients through the complex processes involved.
The CEF helps Public Sector organisations by:
- Providing skilled advisors to help the Public Sector with their projects for the entire life of the project
- Giving member organisations the use of the CEF’s proven Energy Services Performance contract, that transfers risk, guarantees savings and has been shown to be off balance sheet under IFRS
- Giving member organisations usage of the CEF framework procurement model, so that procurement is quick, with a significantly reduced chance of challenge
- Providing a source of funding if the member organisation does not want to use its own funding, or when the bidder cannot provide better funding or grants to support the project
- Supporting the member organisation’s team by overseeing the installation phase of the project and certifying practical completion
- Auditing the project monthly, quarterly and annually so as to prove the delivery at all times during the contract life
- Providing legal support for the process of making the standard project agreement, project specific to the member organisation’s needs
- Recovering all CEF costs from within the contractor payment, so that the member organisation faces no advisor bills, and only has to pay for any part of the project when the project is installed, proven and handed over to operations
- Managing the CEF framework leading to fewer procurement issues and contractor problems.
Meet the Trustees
The CEF is overseen by a board of trustees, charged with overseeing the CEF and CEFS, and ensuring that it acts in the best interests of the NHS and NSS. The Trustees meet approximately three times per annum, or as required.
The Trustees comprise :
As Head of Profession for NHS Estates & Facilities Policy at the Department of Health his prime role was to ensure the delivery of the NHS Constitutions right’s for a clean, safe, fit for purpose patient care environment, and the production of technical guidance and best practice material for the NHS.
Your Content Goes Here
The CEF was co-created with the Department of Health. It is a special purpose vehicle allowing different parts of the Public Sector and NHS to work together. It employs an experienced team drawn from the NHS, National Services Scotland, National Procurement, NHS Strategic Buying Solutions, Wessex AHSN and The Countess of Chester Hospital. In addition to Health it has been chosen as the procurement vehicle for the Cabinet Office Public Sector Solar Scheme and Manchester City Council District Energy Program.
Who are the CEF?
Energy Infrastructure Upgrades
- Created by the NHS for the NHS and Public Sector
- Efficient and proven OJEU compliant procurement process
- Access to a £300m+ fund of capital funding
- The widest choice of ESCo contractors in the UK
- CEF provides all the specialist skills and resources
- No up front fees
- TDA approved procurement process
- A track record of 40+ successful UK projects to-date